Friday, April 25, 2014

Guided Reading Organization

Well, since I took these pictures for our literacy coach, I thought I should post them to share.

This is my guided reading area. My bins are organized by sticky notes (easily moved from one group to another). Each bin has lesson plan, journal, comprehension strategies, and the actual text-leveled books.


On the table in green buckets,I keep all of the supplies (marker, eraser, pencil, sticky notes, etc.) to keep the students focused during the guided reading time. During guided reading time, the students wear BLUE star hats emphasizing that they are doing their best as they read. Also, it is a sign for other students (while they are in literacy centers) to let them know that I am not available for them. They can not come up to me or ask questions as long as my friends at the table have the blue hats. It has worked very well. Most important thing: No disruptions or questions during the center block!


What do you do in guided reading? Lets share some ideas! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment